3-Day Instructor led course in Classroom and Virtual options
Virtual Course £975 +VAT Classroom (London) £1125 +VAT
This 3 day M10986 instructor-led SQL 2016 training course provides students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016.
After taking this course the student will be able to
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance
- Describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security
- Describe what's new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced data access features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new SQL Server cloud functionality
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2016
Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
Lab : Installing SQL Server 2016
Module 2: What’s New in SQL Server Performance
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance.
- Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- Query Store
- Live Query Statistics
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
Lab : Implementing SQL Server 2016 Performance Improvements
Module 3: What's New in SQL Server Security?
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security.
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
Lab : Implementing SQL Server 2016 Security Improvements
Module 4: What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
This module introduces what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability.
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New with tempdb?
- Use Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2016
- PowerShell 5.0
Lab : Monitoring tempdb
Module 5: What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI
This module introduces reporting and BI enhancements and new features in SQL Server 2016.
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
- Mobile Report Publisher
Lab : Implementing PowerBI
Module 6: What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
At the end of this module you will be able to describe data access enhancements in SQL Server 2016.
- What’s new in Integration Services
- Working with SSIS and Azure
Lab : Exploring the new features of SQL Server Integrated services (SSIS)
Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
This module describes enhancements in SQL Server OLAP.
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What's New in SQL Server Analysis Services
Lab : OLAP with SQL Server
Module 8: What's New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
This module describes new SQL Server cloud functionality.
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What's New in SQL Server Azure Database
Lab : Using SQL Server in a Hybrid Cloud